Website Bolton Construction and Service of WNC
HVAC Start-Up Technician
• Skills Three to five years of experience in installation, maintenance as well as troubleshooting and correcting diverse HVAC service issues.
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans and manuals.
• Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
• Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
Requirements: Application must be submitted, Valid Driver’s License, High School Diploma or GED, Pass pre-employment drug screening, criminal background check and physical.
• Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation and cooling units for both commercial and residential customers. Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
• Install Duct work from plans, measure up and turn in fittings to metal shop for fabrication
• Install chilled/hot water piping in both carbon and cooper applications to HVAC equipment
• Install condensate piping
• Install refrigerant lines and charge for Service
• Install temperature sensors, t-stats, and other HVAC devices
• Start up of newly installed equipment and provide owner training
• Travel to job sites in service area and work with dispatch to insure schedule is maintained.
• Maintain good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues. Vehicles should be washed on a regular basis.
• Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
• Understand company pricing and generate appropriate customer invoice at job site. Obtain correct customer information including email address.
• Document all installed equipment: make, model, and serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements and pictures as necessary.
• Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations and explain fully to customer what the issue is and what is needed to correct it.
• Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
• Identify and report to owner potential opportunities for additional business (newer system, service contracts and additional services).
• Well groomed, neat appearance
• Lift up to 50 pounds, be able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heaver items (with additional manpower or appropriate devices); carry ladders; work from heights, work in small crawl spaces.
• Observe and ensure all company procedures and safety rules
• Maintain accurate time records and electronically send to Manager for approval.
• Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction
• Health & Dental Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Pay
• Ancillaries Include– Life Insurance, Long Term Disability,
• On Job Training
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company Vehicle – depending on the job
• Advancement Opportunities
• EAP – Employee Assistance Program