Bolton Construction & Service
ELECTRICAL HELPER – residential and commercial
Assists Electrician to install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment.
1. Measure, cut and bend conduit, using ruler and hand tools.
2. Drill holes for wiring, using power drill, and pull or push wiring through opening.
3. Assist in lifting, positioning and fastening objects, such as wiring, conduit and motors.
4. Perform minor repairs, such as replacing fuses, light sockets, bulbs, and switches, using hand tools.
5. Maintain tools and equipment and keep supplies and parts in order.
6. Disassemble defective electrical equipment, such as motors, using hand tools.
7. Load, transport, unload and furnish Electrician with material, tools, equipment and supplies.
8. Clean work area and restock supplies and material as necessary.
9. May erect scaffolding, assist in lifting, positioning, and securing of material and work pieces during installation.
10. Exercise behavior that insures personal safety and the safety of coworkers.
11. Perform other routine duties as directed by experienced craft person.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must be able to follow specific directions; perform a variety of duties which may often change; work within standards of accuracy; repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedures evaluate information using measurable standards.
Must be able to stand or walk for long periods; use arms and hands to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 100 pounds; climb up and down ladders, scaffolds, and other objects; carry tools and equipment; stoop, kneels, crouch, and crawl; and see (naturally or with correction) and distinguish colors.