Website Bolton Construction
Plan, layout, install and repair wiring systems, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment.
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES
1. Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of material, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes and NEC.
2. Prepare sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follow diagrams or blueprints, insuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings and flooring.
3. Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit, using such tools as a hacksaw, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
4. Pull wiring through conduit. Splice wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads with knife or pliers, twisting wires together, and applying terminal caps.
5. Connect wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment, using hand tools.
6. Install control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays, and circuit breaker panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts, using hand tools and power tools.
7. Connect power cables to equipment, such as electric range, light fixtures, fans, etc., or motor, and install grounding leads.
8. Test continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components, using testing instruments, such as ohmmeter, and Amp meter.
9. Observe functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
10. Read prints, wiring diagrams, schematics, diagnostic manuals.
11. May repair faulty equipment or systems.
12. Troubleshoot electrical panel, shorts, etc.
13. Electrical license or city card highly recommended.
14. Exercise behavior that insures personal safety and the safety of coworkers.
15. Communicate w/ supervisor, client other Technicians and office staff
16. Teach and train helpers and provide oversight.
17. Perform additional duties as directed by supervisor.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Workers should be able to rate information using personal judgment or standards that can be measured or checked; work within precise limits or standards of accuracy; perform a variety of duties which may change often; use reason and logic; perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately; see detail in objects or operations rapidly and accurately; see detail in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes or shadings and picture flat drawings as 3-dimensional objects. Completion of apprenticeship program or trade specific secondary school preferred.
Valid Drivers License, High School Diploma or GED,
Pass pre-employment drug screening, criminal background check, and physical.