Website Bolton Construction and Service of WNC, Inc.
Bolton Construction and Service of WNC,
Our Core Values, To serve our customers is to provide professional knowledge and craftsmanship the will last for generations.
To serve our employees is to provide an ethical, respectful and rewarding work environment. To grow our business is to embrace positive change by challenging the status quo.
Plan, layout, install and repair wiring systems, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment, service & diagnose residential and light commercial generators.
1. Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of material, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes and NEC.
2. Prepare sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follow diagrams or blueprints, insuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings and flooring.
3. Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit, using such tools as a hacksaw, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
4. Pull wiring through conduit. Splice wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads with knife or pliers, twisting wires together, and applying terminal caps.
5. Connect wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment, using hand tools.
6. Install control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays, and circuit breaker panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts, using hand tools and power tools.
7. Connect power cables to equipment, such as electric range, light fixtures, fans, etc., or motor, and install grounding leads.
8. Test continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components, using testing instruments, such as ohmmeter, and Amp meter.
9. Observe functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
10. Read prints, wiring diagrams, schematics, diagnostic manuals.
11. May repair faulty equipment or systems.
12. Troubleshoot electrical panel, shorts, etc.
13. May be required to hold license or city card of begin process to obtain.
14. Exercise behavior that insures personal safety and the safety of coworkers.
15. Communicate w/ supervisor, client other Technicians and office staff
16. Teach and train helpers and provide oversight.
17. Perform additional duties as directed by supervisor.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Workers should be able to rate information using personal judgment or standards that can be measured or checked; work within precise limits or standards of accuracy; perform a variety of duties which may change often; use reason and logic; perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately; see detail in objects or operations rapidly and accurately; see detail in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes or shadings and picture flat drawings as 3-dimensional objects. Completion of apprenticeship program preferred. Will be required to obtain NC State Electrical license or Asheville City Card.
Requirements: Valid Drivers License, High School Diploma or GED,
Pass pre employment drug screening, criminal background check, physical and on call rotation.
• Health & Dental Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Pay
• On Job Training
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company Vehicle
• Advancement Opportunities
• Ancillaries – Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Vision, Critical Care, Cancer and Accidental Plans
• EAP – Employee Assistance Program