Website Bolton Construction and Service of WNC, Inc.
HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical and General Construction
ELECTRICIAN – Residential & Commercial
Plan, layout, install and repair wiring systems, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment.
1. Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of material, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes and NEC.
2. Prepare sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follow diagrams or blueprints, insuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings and flooring.
3. Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit, using such tools as a hacksaw, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
4. Pull wiring through conduit. Splice wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads with knife or pliers, twisting wires together, and applying terminal caps.
5. Connect wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment, using hand tools.
6. Install control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays, and circuit breaker panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts, using hand tools and power tools.
7. Connect power cables to equipment, such as electric range, light fixtures, fans, etc., or motor, and install grounding leads.
8. Test continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components, using testing instruments, such as ohmmeter, and Amp meter.
9. Observe functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
10. May repair faulty equipment or systems.
11. Troubleshoot electrical panel, shorts, etc.
12. May be required to hold license.
13. Exercise behavior that insures personal safety and the safety of coworkers.
14. Perform additional duties as directed by supervisor.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Workers should be able to rate information using personal judgment or standards that can be measured or checked; work within precise limits or standards of accuracy; perform a variety of duties which may change often; use reason and logic; perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately; see detail in objects or operations rapidly and accurately; see detail in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes or shadings and picture flat drawings as 3-dimensional objects. Completion of apprenticeship program preferred. May be required to be licensed.
Must be able to work easily and successfully with hands; see well (naturally or with correction) and distinguish colors; reach for, handle, and grasp wire and hand tools; bend, crouch, and work in small places; lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.